Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Scrapbooking A-Fair: Carnival 2010



This page uses the design principle the Rule of Thirds to balance a variety of patterns, colors, and embellishments. Arranging like elements in a visual triangle is pleasing to the eye, and a great trick for pulling a composition together. I've placed the photos and title slightly off-center and broken up colors and patterns into groups of threes. I often use a prominent color in the photograph as one part of the triangle. I'm one who generally prefers asymmetry over symmetry, and I like to use the Rule of Thirds to maintain balance on an otherwise off-set design. I use the Rule of Thirds when taking photographs as well--stronger photos make stronger pages, but we'll talk more about that in some future posts.

Cardstock: CTMH
Designer Paper: Amy Tangerine for American Crafts, Crate Paper, Pebbles Inc.
Thickers, camera stamp, and Washi Tape: American Crafts
Die cuts: Crate Paper
Pearls, sparkles, and crocheted ribbon: CTMH
Journaling Spot: Danny and Lynley Designs;)
Carnival tickets
Vintage lace
L

1 comment:

  1. I think that I need a scrapbooking vacation so you can give me some in-person tutorials. :)

    Love the new site!

    ReplyDelete